SHRS Health Project Named “Sristy Community Health Care”

Previous
Next

Sristy Community Health Care

Date of Starting: 21st March, 2017

The health system of Bangladesh relies heavily on the government or the public sector for financing and setting overall policies and service delivery mechanisms. Although the health system is faced with many intractable challenges, it seems to receive little priority in terms of national resource allocation. According to the World Health Organization (WHO) only about 3% of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is spent on health services. However, government expenditure on health is only about 34% of the total health expenditure (THE), the rest (66%) being out-of-pocket (OOP) expenses.


Child and maternal nutritional and health status is a very much concerning issue of Bangladesh. Bangladesh achieved a many progress in maternal health development but still grappling with many structural and cultural barriers. Knowledge on child and maternal health carries an important role in education. Health knowledge index significantly improve child and maternal health although differentially. It is obvious that poverty is one of the root causes that have led to a high child and maternal mortalities and morbidities faced by the people of Bangladesh. The requirement for socio economic relief for those living in rural Bangladesh remains one of the core issues.


Implementation of policy documents in community level, lack of better infrastructure, health bureaucracy induced delays, culture of absenteeism among practitioners and lack good health governance are some major challenges still hindering a fostered progress in achieving the expected improvement in maternal and child health condition in community and broader level.


Mission

To address the needs of children and mothers particularly in the field of health and nutrition.

Vision

• To guide child and mother health
• A model of combined community and hospital services
• Based on preventive, promotive and curative services

Goal

The ultimate goal is to bring about an improvement in the health and nutritional status of children and mothers.